Creating Effective Golf Tournament Flyers
Here are some specific golf tournament flyer ideas to get you started.
- Start by considering your nonprofit’s branding standards and make your golf tournament flyer visually appealing. Use compelling imagery that shows golfers having fun at a previous event (if available).
- Capture attention with an interesting headline: Create a fun name for your event, and include a short introduction explaining what are you trying to accomplish. Another way to capture your audience’s attention is by making an emotional appeal. Explain the current situation and tell participants how they can help.
- What are the perks of participating? Tell potential golfers about the fun activities that are part of the fundraising event:
- One big draw for avid golfers is the golf course, so be sure to include the course location.
- Will there be a luncheon or breakfast with free food and drinks?
- Describe your after-party and entertainment – golfers just wanna have fun!
- Do golfers receive swag?
- Will there be contests and/or raffle tickets available for large-prize items (donated by sponsors, of course)?
- Tournament Details: This is one of the most important parts of the golf tournament flyer. You need to tell potential participants and sponsors the “who, what, when, where, and how” of the event:
- Who’s hosting the event? Introduce the organization & cause you support.
- Date & Time: include tournament registration and start, post-tournament dinner or party.
- Location: include the golf course name and address, as well as parking information if possible.
- What else? What to wear, what to bring, are there fees or fundraising minimums involved? How will you raise money?
- Your golf tournament website URL for registration and more event details.
- Your phone, email, and other contact information in case people have additional questions or want assistance with registration.
- Sponsor Logos: You don’t want to forget this! Including sponsor logos on your charity golf tournament flyers gives local businesses the opportunity to gain exposure leading up to your fundraiser. This is a great way to say thank you to your tournament sponsors. It’s also a great selling point. Remember, businesses seek to benefit from sponsorships.
Download Our Free Golf Tournament Flyer Templates
DoJiggy is the leader in golf tournament planning. We have created these free golf flyer templates for use by organizations hosting charity or fundraising tournaments. Simply customize the text and insert your own organization’s design or logo and you are ready to start spreading the word about your golf tournament fundraiser. As well, these golf tournament flyer templates can easily be customized for a golf-a-thon or golf marathon event.
Printing Golf Tournament Flyers
So you’ve created a great flyer – now what? The printing of your golf tournament flyer is just as important as the design. Be sure to select a reputable, high-quality printer that can deliver on time. You may want to check locally as well as online for flyer printing options. There are many printers that can even assist with affordable flyer design.