Hole in One Insurance
Add Excitement & Revenue to Your Next Fundraising Golf Tournament
Work with the Experts in Hole in One Insurance
We Provide Instant Quotes for Hole in One & Putting Contests
What is Hole in One Insurance?
If you are hosting a charity golf tournament, golf marathon, or any kind of fundraising golf event, an excellent way to excite your participants is to offer an extravagant grand prize for a Hole-in-One. Hole in One insurance can certainly help make this a reality, as attention-grabbing grand prizes may include $10,000 cash, a new car, or an exciting vacation. What nonprofit event can afford to buy that and still turn a profit?
How Does Hole in One Insurance Work?
Hole in One insurance allows organizations to offer hole in one contests, usually as part of a fundraising or charity golf tournament. Hole in One insurance requires that an organization pay an insurance premium in advance of the tournament to eliminate the risk of paying for a hole in one prize. In the event a golfer makes a hole in one on a specified hole, the hole in one insurance kicks in to pay for the prize. Hole in One is therefore a type of prize indemnification insurance.
We’ve partnered up with the biggest and best golf insurance provider in the business. Buy your hole in one insurance from GolfReg and Hole In One International and your organization can offer spectacular hole in one prizes without assuming the risk. We can offer hole in one prize coverage for any prize with a cash value of up to $1,000,000.
How Is the Price for Hole in One Insurance Calculated?
There are generally four major variables to determine the price your organization will pay for hole in one insurance:
- The number of golfers in the tournament. The more golfers, the better chance that someone will make a hole in one. Therefore, if you have a full course of 144 players, it will cost your organization more than a smaller tournament with 80.
- The difficulty of the hole – based on par and yardage. 180 yards will cost less than 160, as again, the chances are less that someone will make the hole in one shot.
- The dollar value of the prize. There are lots of prize options for hole in one contests and you want to be sure to select a prize that speaks to your organization’s constituents. The prize is how you build excitement! A prize valued at $50,000 will certainly cost more to insure than one valued at $10,000.
- The skill level of your golfers. Are your golfers amateur or professional athletes? Generally, with fundraising tournaments all players are amateurs. However, if you have a tournament that attracts professional golfers, the premium will be higher as they have a greater chance of making a hole in one.
Of course, you’ll also need to be sure to use a trusted insurer. Hole In One International is proud to be underwritten by the Everest Re Group, Ltd. Insurance Group, one of the top 10 insurers/reinsurers worldwide. The Everest Re Group, Ltd. Insurance Group is “A+” Rated by A.M. Best, the world’s leading insurance rating agency. This makes Everest Re Group, Ltd. the logical choice to underwrite our hole in one insurance program.
Free Items We Include in Every Hole In One Insurance Contract
Besides our low hole in one insurance rates and impeccable service, we offer any player acing a non-target par three during your tournament an exciting ancillary prize, with our compliments. Visa® Gift Cards, 4K HDTVs, and Callaway® golf equipment are just a few ancillary hole in one prizes to choose from. We’re golfers! We’re not going to let a great shot go unrewarded!
Contest Signs/Tee Markers
Buy hole in one insurance from our partner, Hole In One International and we’ll provide you with a hole in one contest sign introducing your hole in one sponsor to the whole world, a set of hole in one contest tee markers for your target hole, and up to four hole in one contest signs for our complimentary ancillary prizes. Remember that promoting your golf tournament sponsors is an important part of your event.
FREE Golf Club for Everyone in Your Event
We want your business! To entice you to buy your hole in one contest insurance from our partner, Hole In One International, we’ve teamed up with TeePrize to give everyone in your event a free golf club of their choice. This prize is not for the contest winners, but all of your tournament golfers. They will simply need to select the quality golf club of their choice and pay for shipping fees.
Hole in One Prize Ideas
Arguably the most important piece of the hole in one contest execution is the prize. Most companies can work with any prize – as long as you can assign a fair market value to the prize. So remember to focus on a hole in one prize that will build excitement with your audience.
Popular hole in one prize ideas include:
- Cash prizes – Everyone can get excited here
- Luxury cars – some organizations select to offer a BMW, Mercedes, or SUV
- Boats or jet skis – if you live near a body of water
- ATVs, scooters, and motorcycles – think Harley-Davidsons or other iconic brands
- Unique or luxury vacation packages – including airfare and deluxe accommodations
- TVs and electronics
- Golf equipment
Hole in One Sponsorship Opportunities
One way to fund a hole in one contest is to recruit a hole in one business sponsor. This can work in a couple of ways:
- Your organization offers the sponsorship package for a flat fee, such as $2,500. You purchase the hole in one insurance and handle all details, from this fee.
- Your charity golf tournament solicits a local car or boat dealer to sponsor the tournament. The dealer places a new luxury car out at a hole. Whoever putts a hole-in-one at the designated spot wins the prize.
How can the organization or car dealership afford to offer the new car? The organization or car dealer calls a hole in one insurance company. The company writes a hole-in-one insurance policy, and pays off the price of the car to the dealership if there’s a win.
Hole In One Putting Contest Coverage
Another option for a hole in one contest is to host a putting contest. As the name implies, this type of contest focuses on making a hole in one while putting the ball, rather than competing at a regular hole. Before, during, or after your tournament, single or three-putt combination putting contests are sure to create excitement for all your participants. We love putting contests because:
- They are entertaining and bring people together. Putting contests work well just after a tournament, where all of your foursomes can gather around and root on their participating friends.
- They allow your organization to easily up-sell or charge for this contest. Since the putt is not part of the actual tournament, you can charge golfers extra for a chance to enter and win.
- You decide the length of the putt. Think 135 yards is too long? Well, how about 50 feet? That’s right, you can now buy putting contest insurance for a 50-foot or longer putting contest.
SINGLE-PUTT PUTTING CONTEST
This putting contest is designed to give a select number of finalists the chance to sink one putt for all the dough! Qualify 1-5 lucky contestants to participate by having a putt-off, closest to the hole putting contest, or better yet, a raffle to raise money for your cause. Gather the crowd to the putting green, set up a 50-foot or longer putt, and watch your finalists try to realize their childhood dreams. Anybody can make one putt!
THREE-PUTT COMBO PUTTING CONTEST
This putting contest will give everybody in your golf tournament the chance to be a hero. Here is an example: Make a 10-footer, win a sleeve of balls (provided by a sponsor). Move on and make a 30-footer, win a golf shirt (once again, provided by a sponsor). While you’re hot, make a 50-foot or longer putt and win a new car (this time, provided by Hole In One International). This contest is great for shotguns in between 18th and 1st holes.
HOLD A PUTTING CONTEST ANYWHERE!
Portable Putting Contest Ramp
Take your putting contest to the local mall, trade show, or fundraiser and generate fun and money for all! We’ll sell you an instant putting green, consult you on a successful putting contest promotion, and pay for the prize when someone wins!
Golf Tournament Software & Fundraising Resources
Planning a golf tournament fundraiser? GolfRegistrations can help! We offer easy to use, affordable golf tournament registration software to help your organization raise more money online.