GolfRegistrations is the leader in golf tournament software, helping hundreds of organizations and schools plan golf outings each year since 2003. Our golf tournament software includes features for:
- Online golfer and foursome registration, with the ability to ask golf handicap and custom questions
- Sponsorship sales and promotion on your golf website
- Unlimited golf product sales (for mulligans, golf shirts, raffle tickets, and more)
- Foursome pairing and management
- Starting hole and time generator
- Detailed financial reporting data
- Secure payment processing and donation collection
Our comprehensive golf tournament planning guide and checklist bring you the insights we’ve learned along the way. We include important steps, tips, and helpful insights on the different aspects of planning a fundraising golf outing for nonprofit organizations and corporate charity events. From building the foundations of your planning committee to sponsorship acquisition and day of event logistics, we will walk you through the golf tournament planning process with the following ten steps:
- Step 1: Selecting Your Planning Committee – Having a strong golf tournament planning committee that has the right balance of dedication, special events experience and communication skills is key to your tournament’s success.
- Step 2: Determining Logistics – The logistics of the golf tournament involve establishing the basic details revolving around the event – the what, when and where.
- Step 3: Golf Tournament Budgeting – Setting a reasonable yet optimistic financial goal is key to successful golf tournament planning.
- Step 4: Creating a Golf Tournament Website – We have this one covered for you.
- Step 5: Finding Tournament Sponsors – Corporate and community sponsors fulfill a critical role in any successful golf tournament fundraiser.
- Step 6: Recruiting Golfers – Look to your organization’s mailing list of supporters, local golf players, past event participants and local businesses.
- Step 7: Managing Volunteers – The reason why the event is so enjoyable overall is a strong volunteer team making sure that every attendee is taken care of with close attention.
- Step 8: Implementing Contests to Increase Fundraising Potential – Golf contests and activities can add more variety and fun to a golf tournament, as well as another way to earn significant funds for the event.
- Step 9: Organizing the Awards Banquet – Hosting a golf tournament awards banquet offers an opportunity to thank your attendees and sponsors for participating and offer recognition for the best players or fundraisers of your event.
- Step 10: Wrapping up the Tournament – Be sure to have a full committee meeting within seven days of the tournament when everyone’s memories are fresh.